I wanted to reach out and say thank you so much for such a great weekend. I feel so much more prepared for sessions with my clients after the seminar. And, I had a walk-in client with scoliosis today who booked three privates with me! I am hoping to keep her for 10 and use her for my case study for the Scolio-Pilates Mentorship! What amazing timing. I doubt I would’ve booked her without the info you gave me.
With students coming together in this online format, you’ll get to know your colleagues from all over the world as we learn, discuss, share and grow, from home.
Topics covered in Scolio-Pilates Module 2
- Define the curves of scoliosis (3, 4, and thoraco-lumbar curves).
- Scoliosis specific corrections and scoliosis specific exercises to aid us in bringing our clients towards a more balanced system
- Corrections in the basic positions of prone, supine, side-lying, seated, and standing.
- Once the corrections are applied in the basic positions, we add movement to these corrections either on the mat or with the assistance of the Pilates equipment.
Come learn why Scolio-Pilates, a form of Pilates that allows for modifications to assist the client with scoliosis in the Pilates studio, is now being used by children’s hospitals, physical therapy clinics, and Pilates studios worldwide to help with the management of scoliosis.
WHAT YOU NEED
- The handout: we’ll email it to you
- An uninterrupted 3-hour time block
- Curiosity and questions!
- Scolio-Wedges (3) or washcloths (3), K-Wedge (optional)
- Theraband and yoga strap
- Access to Pilates equipment during class time if possible
- Recommended items are listed below, they are not required
HOW IT WORKS
We are going to run this like a regular workshop, just online.
If you would like continuing education credits for this course, you must attend the course live. All students will receive access to the recordings, but please remember that you must attend live to receive continuing education credits. Whether you attend live or watch the recordings and you will be able to move on to Module 3, the Scolio-Pilates Mentorship.
- The course is a total of 16 hours — one hour of this is homework that you will do in place of our breakout sessions that would happen during an in-person course.
- We will meet 5 times over 5 weeks. See the dates to the left.
- All classes are 3 hours
- Be prepared to be on time and to participate in discussions and exercises (as you are able)
- You will need to be online for the entire course if you are receiving continuing education credits. If you miss class time, you can make it up by scheduling a private session with Karena that equal the class time missed.
“I love your approach and the way that you are teaching. Thank you so much!!” — Monste C.
“Thanks so much for sharing Module I virtually! I enjoyed the class and appreciate all your hard work and sharing your knowledge with us. It’s a very difficult topic to teach but I can tell how passionate you are and your dedication to your clients is obvious. I am looking forward to module II and someday meeting you in-person. I have an extensive back ground in working with scoliotic spines. I commend you for teaching on the topic! I love the K2 and so do my clients! Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!” — Julie O
“It was so great! Thank you.” — Jeremy L
“Karena, it was terrific!” — Fran J.
“Thank you so much for yesterday’s class. It was great! And it was also refreshing to do something so positive during this crazy time.” –Pamela W.
“Absolutely loving your course-over the top thrilled! Thank you, Karena. I’m learning so much I never knew.” –– Linda B
“Your class and the videos have helped me so much, both physically and mentally during this quarantine. I really look forward to class and I love how your fun personality is reflected in your teaching. So, thank you for your time to help me and all those people from all around the world! So cool! — Megyn D
“I just wanted to thank you for bringing your course online. It was very interesting to learn about Scoliosis and very eye opening. I hope to be able to continue learning from you and would love to be able to come and meet you in person. Hopefully once we are done with Covid, I can attend your courses in person.” –Zeyna S
“Thank you Karena! I really enjoyed the workshop and am looking forward to Module II. See you tomorrow in class!” — Terese P
“Yay! Thank you, Karena! I loved the course. I would be definitely interested in doing Module 2 🙂 “ — Ivona B
“Thank you so much for helping me learn so much about myself! I definitely want to continue so please let me know when you have dates for the next module.” — Michele T
Recommended! (not required)
Scolio-Pilates, the book. This is the professional manual with all the details on helping your scoliosis client manage their curves.
K-Wedges. These wedges make elongation with support easy. Your clients love the feel of them and you’ll love how easily you can access their spine.
The Scolio-Wedges. The wedges make it easier to guide our clients into a more neutral position. When focusing on improved movement, scoliosis, just like every spine, performs better when it is in the best possible alignment.