Live and Online
I wanted to reach out and say thank you so much for such a great weekend. I feel so much more prepared for sessions with my clients after the seminar. And, I had a walk-in client with scoliosis today who booked three privates with me! I am hoping to keep her for 10 and use her for my case study for the Scolio-Pilates Mentorship! What amazing timing. I doubt I would’ve booked her without the info you gave me.
With students coming together in this online format, you’ll get to know your colleagues from all over the world as we learn, discuss, share and grow, from home.
WHAT YOU NEED
- The handout: we’ll email it to you just before the course begins
- An uninterrupted 3-4 hour time block
- Curiosity and questions!
- Scolio-Wedges (3) or washcloths (3)
- Theraband and yoga strap
- Recommended items are listed below but not required
Topics covered in Scolio-Pilates Module 1
- What is scoliosis? Who it affects and its effects on the systems of the body
- Experience scoliosis! What it feels like to do Pilates with scoliosis
- Anatomy of Scoliosis
- Understanding functional v structural scoliosis
- Defining the convexities and concavities
- Theories and laws of movement that apply to scoliosis
- The first 5 exercises for scoliosis
HOW IT WORKS
We are going to run this like a regular workshop, just online.
- Hours. The course is a total of 8 hours
- Dates/Times. See the dates and times listed on the individual seminar of your choice. See our courses page.
- Preparation. Be prepared to be on time and to participate in discussions and exercises (as you are able). Also please read through the Scolio-Pilates Module 1 preparatory document that you receive when you register. It will be on your receipt page and in your email inbox.
- Continuing Education. To receive continuing education credit from the NPCP, you will need to be online for the entire course. To receive credit from your physical therapy organization, you must petition. We have all the paperwork for you, you’ll just need to send it in.
- The recording. You will be able to access the recording for 7 days after the course completes.
“I love your approach and the way that you are teaching. Thank you so much!!” — Monste C.
“Thanks so much for sharing Module I virtually! I enjoyed the class and appreciate all your hard work and sharing your knowledge with us. It’s a very difficult topic to teach but I can tell how passionate you are and your dedication to your clients is obvious. I am looking forward to module II and someday meeting you in-person. I have an extensive back ground in working with scoliotic spines. I commend you for teaching on the topic! I love the K2 and so do my clients! Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!” — Julie O
“It was so great! Thank you.” — Jeremy L
“Karena, it was terrific!” — Fran J.
“Thank you so much for yesterday’s class. It was great! And it was also refreshing to do something so positive during this crazy time.” –Pamela W.
“Absolutely loving your course-over the top thrilled! Thank you, Karena. I’m learning so much I never knew.” –– Linda B
“Your class and the videos have helped me so much, both physically and mentally during this quarantine. I really look forward to class and I love how your fun personality is reflected in your teaching. So, thank you for your time to help me and all those people from all around the world! So cool! — Megyn D
“I just wanted to thank you for bringing your course online. It was very interesting to learn about Scoliosis and very eye opening. I hope to be able to continue learning from you and would love to be able to come and meet you in person. Hopefully once we are done with Covid, I can attend your courses in person.” –Zeyna S
“Thank you Karena! I really enjoyed the workshop and am looking forward to Module II. See you tomorrow in class!” — Terese P
“Yay! Thank you, Karena! I loved the course. I would be definitely interested in doing Module 2 🙂 “ — Ivona B
“Thank you so much for helping me learn so much about myself! I definitely want to continue so please let me know when you have dates for the next module.” — Michele T
Recommended! (not required)
Scolio-Pilates, the book. This is the professional manual with all the details on helping your scoliosis client manage their curves.
The scoliometer! It’s like a mini-level that helps us find the asymmetries when assessing a scoliosis spine.
The Scolio-Pilates Handbook contains detailed home exercises for your clients.