13oct9:00 am6:00 pmModule 1: Scolio-Pilates Professional SeminarHenderson, Nevada, USA
Register Here Your Module 1 Scolio-Pilates Course is designed to be an experiential approach to understanding scoliosis to enhance learning and advance your teaching skills. Why is the
Your Module 1 Scolio-Pilates Course is designed to be an experiential approach to understanding scoliosis to enhance learning and advance your teaching skills. Why is the “experience of scoliosis” important? Because three-dimensional correction with Scolio-Pilates is complex. Understanding scoliosis through your own experience, in addition to cognitively, makes it more comprehensible. You will be better equipped to make thoughtful decisions about the exercises you apply versus following a complex series of rules and guidelines Welcome to Scolio-Pilates Module 2. This course is a building block and lays the foundation for the Scolio-Pilates Module 2: The Professional Seminar. You will receive a strong base in the anatomy of scoliosis to help you understand what is happening under the skin that creates the changes we see and experience with scoliosis on the surface and with movement. With this understanding, you will be better equipped to make the best scoliosis-specific exercise choices. Topics to be covered include:
- What is scoliosis?
- Who it affects and its effects on the systems of the body
- Experience scoliosis! What it feels like to do Pilates with scoliosis
- Anatomy of Scoliosis
- Understanding functional v structural scoliosis
- Defining the convexities and concavities
- Learn the curve shape based on the convexities and concavities
- Theories and laws of movement that apply to scoliosis
- The first 7 exercises for scoliosis
(Friday) 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
1410 E. Lake Mead Pkwy, Suite 100
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.