13apr(apr 13)9:00 am16(apr 16)4:00 pmModule 3: Scolio-PilatesWindsor, Melbourne, Australia
REGISTER HERE Welcome to your Scolio-Pilates Module 3: The Mentorship! We are thrilled that you are applying to be part of our team. Instructor: Karena Thek, Author, and Founder of Scolio-Pilates To learn more
Welcome to your Scolio-Pilates Module 3: The Mentorship!
We are thrilled that you are applying to be part of our team.
Instructor: Karena Thek, Author, and Founder of Scolio-Pilates
To learn more about the 4-part process of becoming a Scolio-Pilates Practitioner, go here.
The Scolio-Pilates Mentorship is a 4-day intensive study (24 hours of class time) of three-dimensional exercise for scoliosis for professionals in the field of exercise science. These professionals include, but are not limited to, Pilates Instructors and Physical Therapists.
Continuing Education Approvals:
- Professional Development Points (PDPs) from the Pilates Association of Australia: 15
- Continuing Education Credits (CECs) from the National Pilates Certification Program (NPCP): 24
To apply to this course, you must:
- Be a professional in the field of movement: Physical Therapist, Pilates Instructor, etc.
- Complete the Scolio-Pilates Module 1 and 2.
- Spend 6-12 months working with scoliosis clients/patients.
- Apply to the Scolio-Pilates Mentorship. This application includes a detailed case report of your work with one scoliosis client/patient. A sample case report will be sent to you when you register for Module 3. You will find two links on your receipt page to two sample case studies that you can use to model your own case study.
Included in your Mentorship:
- Association Annual Fee. Your first-year of Scolio-Pilates Professional Annual Professional Association fee is included in your Module registration.
This fee includes :
- 1-hour of access to Karena for help and advice with clients/patients.
- Quarterly professional meetings where we will meet online to discuss all topics related to scoliosis. This professional meeting time is crucial for keeping us all up-to-date on what is happening in the field of scoliosis and exercise. The learning begins in the Mentorship classroom and continues in earnest as you take on more scoliosis clients and collaborate with your colleagues in the profession of scoliosis.
- Free registration to all Scolio-Pilates Modules 1 and 2 in exchange for your assistance. You will receive continuing education credits for your attendance.
Join the Scolio-Pilates Mentorship and Team! More help is needed around the world to support those living with scoliosis!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can anyone attend the Mentorship and be an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner?
Unfortunately, no. To be an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner, you must be a professional in your field of movement or therapeutic exercise. Pilates instructors, Physical therapists, massage therapists, and yoga instructors are acceptable professions. If you are a professional in some other form of movement or health management technique, please ask about your eligibility! Email Karena at Karena@osteopilates.com.
- What is the process for becoming an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner?
You must first attend Scolio-Pilates Modules 1 and 2. After attending the first two Scolio-Pilates seminars, you can register for the Scolio-Pilates Mentorship, Module 3. There must be 6-12 months between your Scolio-Pilates Seminar and the Scolio-Pilates Mentorship, so you have time to practice what you learned in your first two courses. When you register for your Mentorship, you will receive a sample case study that you will use as a model to complete your own case study. This case study is part of your application to attend the Scolio-Pilates Mentorship. When your application is accepted, you can then attend the Mentorship. After the Mentorship, you will have more work to do to complete your case study. Once this work is accepted, you are then an authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner!
- What is the case study?
Essentially, the case study is a very thorough report of the work you performed with one scoliosis client/patient. You will see this client for 10 visits and report on what you did, the progress you made, questions you have, and where you want to go next with this client. Please see the sample case study to help you perform this task.
- What are the benefits of being an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner?
There are many. Just to name a few, you will be invited to attend four professional meetings a year of the Scolio-Pilates Practitioner group. Scolio-Pilates Practitioners and Master Instructors will present new information, review the Scolio-Pilates Method, and present new exercises. We also invite professionals from outside the Scolio-Pilates field to present to the group to broaden our experience of all movement methods. You will be invited to assist at workshops and Mentorships to refresh your knowledge and help others like yourself who are ready to create life-changing results in those living with scoliosis.
- From a business point of view, is there a need to help those with scoliosis?
Yes, and YES! This is a very under-served population. For several of our practitioners, once they begin seeing scoliosis clients, it becomes the biggest percentage of their clientele. We need more practitioners with a passion for serving this population!
- Is it going to be fun or REALLY fun?
It’s going to be REALLY fun! And it’s going to be a lot of work. Scolio-Pilates Module 3 is also called the Scolio-Pilates Mentorship. We are here to mentor you and guide you each step of the way toward a deeper understanding of the work through hands-on guidance of the Scolio-Pilates method. We will help you make decisions about scoliosis-specific corrections as they relate specifically to your clients, patients, and our scoliosis models.The entire journey of becoming an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner can be just over a year-long process, but the rewards are great. We are excited that you are ready to take the next step in the journey!
13 (Thursday) 9:00 am - 16 (Sunday) 4:00 pm AEST
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.