“Thank-you for your great, incisive teaching.” – AH
“I know I’ve said it a ton, but I love class and learning new ways to think about the body.” – AD
“Hi Karena, Thank you so much. Let plenty more opportunities arise to spread this joy worldwide. I had “O” (from Suzanne‘s Module 1 course) online today & she described the Scolio-Pilates experience as pure love! What more could one ask.” – JS
“Thank you. I’m loving Module 1!” KR
“Many thanks Karena!!! Thoroughly enjoyed both courses (to put it mildly).” – LB
“Thank you so much for making this possible! I have learned so so so much! I know I have said this before, but I just wish you were available to me when I was 13. I would have loved to know if this could have prevented my surgery. We are so fortunate you have developed Scolio-Pilates and helping so many of us! I am interested in continuing through Module 3. – RH
Module 1 is the first step towards becoming an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner.
Please read more about the process of becoming an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I have to be a Pilates Instructor or Physical Therapist to Attend? No, you do not. While the course is geared to the professional working with scoliosis clients and patients, if you are interested in this topic and think you can benefit, please, we would love to have you. You can be just a regular Scolio-Gal or Guy who wants to learn more about her/his spine.
- Can I bring my client/patient who has scoliosis, osteoporosis, a neurological disorder (etc)? Yes, Please! We would love to have them join us as a model. Models are limited to a maximum of 4 hours. If they would like to stay for the entire course, please have them register.
- Do I need to read the book before attending? It is HIGHLY recommended that you read Scolio-Pilates and begin to practice the techniques before attending the seminars.
- Can anyone be an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner? No, to be an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner, you must be a professional in your field of movement or therapeutic exercise. Pilates instructors and Physical therapists are acceptable professions. If you are a professional in some other form of movement or health management techniques, please just ask us! Email Karena at Karena@osteopilates.com.
- What is the process for becoming an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner? Once you know that your profession allows you to be an Authorized Practitioner, you must first attend Modules 1 and 2, The Scolio-Pilates Professional Seminars. Next, you can register for Module 3, the Scolio-Pilates Mentorship. There must be 6-12 months between completing Module 2 and attending Module 3 so that you have time to practice what you learned in your first two courses. When you register for Module 3, you will receive a sample case study that you will use as a model to complete your own case study. This case study is part of your application to attend Module. After Module 3, The Scolio-Pilates Mentorship, you will have more work to do to complete your case study. Please read more about the process of becoming an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner here.
- What is the case study? The case study is a basically a very thorough report of the work you performed with one scoliosis client/patient. You will see this client for 10 visits and report on what you did, progress you made, questions you have, and where you want to go next with this client.
- What are the benefits of being an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner? There are many. Just to name a few, you will be part of an active group that acts as a continuing source of information whether it is at our quarterly online meetings, at our private Facebook group or when, as a new practitioner you are paired with a more senior practitioner for one year to help you along your Scolio-Pilates path. You will be invited to assist at Modules 1 and 2 and eventually you may even be eligible to attend the teacher training course to be a Scolio-Pilates Principal Educator.
- I love helping others! And, from a business point-of-view, is there a need to help those with scoliosis? Yes, and YES! This is a very under-served population. For several of our practitioners, once they begin seeing scoliosis clients, it becomes the biggest percentage of their clientele. We need more practitioners with a passion for serving this under-served population!
- Is it going to be fun or REALLY fun? It’s going to be REALLY fun! We always have such a great time. The entire journey of becoming an Authorized Scolio-Piates Practitoner, can take a year or more, but the community is great and the rewards even better.
Please read more about the process of becoming an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner here. We look forward to working with you soon.
“Hi Karena, I enjoyed your course. I have taken several course on scoliosis and thought yours was the best. You did a good job explaining the theory and you are such a sweet person. I am most interested in module 2 and hope you will offer it online. I know it would be a tremendous amount of work on the front end, but worth it in the end run. Think of all the practitioners you can reach. I just worked with a client with scoliosis. We have been working on elongation so I was happy to hear yesterday that I am on the right track with her. Today I taught her an elongation stretch with the ball in front of her and her pelvis against the wall. She loved it! She has your books and is interested in a K1 or K2 wedge. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you in the future. Glad to have found you. I appreciate your approach.” Take care, – LR