“I love your approach and the way that you are teaching. Thank you so much!!” – MC.
“It was so great! Thank you.” – JL
“Karena, it was terrific!” – FJ
“Thank you so much for yesterday’s class. It was great! And it was also refreshing to do something so positive during this crazy time.” – PW
“Karena, I just want to thank you for all of the work you have done, and continue to do. I do not personally have scoliosis, but I have worked with many clients over the years that do. Your work and information have educated me in a way that allows me to give my clients an appreciation for their bodies, belief that change is possible, and an improvement in their day to day quality of life. Thank you so much.” – SC
“Dear Karena, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time and effort to set up the demonstration of how the ribs change with the rotation and torsion of the vertebrae in the online workshop last Tuesday. It sounds like it was a challenge to prop up the legs of the Cadillac so that we could see well online! The way that you modeled the ribs, vertebra, and sternum by laying them on out the wedge really made it make sense to me. Understanding things visually doesn’t come easy to me, and it is especially difficult to grasp when we are seeing things flattened into two dimensions on the screen, so I really appreciate your taking the time to lay out this demonstration. Many thanks!” – RP
Module 2 is the second step towards becoming an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner.
Please read more about the process of becoming an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I have to be a Pilates Instructor or Physical Therapist to Attend? No, you do not. While the course is geared to the professional working with scoliosis clients and patients, if you are interested in this topic and think you can benefit, please, we would love to have you. You can be just a regular Scolio-Gal or Guy who wants to learn more about her/his spine.
- Can I bring my client/patient who has scoliosis, osteoporosis, a neurological disorder (etc)? Yes, Please! We would love to have them join us as a model. Models are limited to a maximum of 4 hours. If they would like to stay for the entire course, please have them register.
- Do I need to read the book before attending? It is HIGHLY recommended that you read Scolio-Pilates and begin to practice the techniques before attending the seminars.
- Can anyone be an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner? No, to be an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner, you must be a professional in your field of movement or therapeutic exercise. Pilates instructors and Physical therapists are acceptable professions. If you are a professional in some other form of movement or health management techniques, please just ask us! Email Karena at Karena@osteopilates.com.
- What is the process for becoming an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner? Once you know that your profession allows you to be an Authorized Practitioner, you must first attend Modules 1 and 2, The Scolio-Pilates Professional Seminars. Next, you can register for Module 3, the Scolio-Pilates Mentorship. There must be 6-12 months between completing Module 2 and attending Module 3 so that you have time to practice what you learned in your first two courses. When you register for Module 3, you will receive a sample case study that you will use as a model to complete your own case study. This case study is part of your application to attend Module. After Module 3, The Scolio-Pilates Mentorship, you will have more work to do to complete your case study. Please read more about the process of becoming an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner here.
- What is the case study? The case study is a basically a very thorough report of the work you performed with one scoliosis client/patient. You will see this client for 10 visits and report on what you did, progress you made, questions you have, and where you want to go next with this client.
- What are the benefits of being an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner? There are many. Just to name a few, you will be part of an active group that acts as a continuing source of information whether it is at our quarterly online meetings, at our private Facebook group or when, as a new practitioner you are paired with a more senior practitioner for one year to help you along your Scolio-Pilates path. You will be invited to assist at Modules 1 and 2 and eventually you may even be eligible to attend the teacher training course to be a Master Scolio-Pilates Instructor.
- I love helping others! And, from a business point-of-view, is there a need to help those with scoliosis? Yes, and YES! This is a very under-served population. For several of our practitioners, once they begin seeing scoliosis clients, it becomes the biggest percentage of their clientele. We need more practitioners with a passion for serving this underserved population!
- Is it going to be fun or REALLY fun? It’s going to be REALLY fun! We always have such a great time. The entire journey of becoming an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner, can take a year or more, but the community is great and the rewards even better.
Please read more about the process of becoming an Authorized Scolio-Pilates Practitioner here. We look forward to working with you soon.
“Module I online might even be better than the live version! Thanks to Suzanne’s [Scolio-Pilates Master Instructor] many scoliosis clients (who joined in as live models), we were privileged to see a wide variety of scoliosis curves, observe the Adams test many times, and ask questions. The magic of the cues in transforming each body was very evident! The weekend flew by, clearing up the clutter in my brain, and giving me many practical tools. I’ve even started to see and understand my non-scolio clients’ spines in a different way. As someone who experienced the trauma of an insensitive school scoliosis screening exam in the 1980s, I appreciated the positive and caring language of the Scolio-Pilates teaching.” – OL