Welcome to Scolio-School!
You have just entered Scolio-School. This is an information-packed course that will help you take control of your scoliosis. When you or someone you love has been diagnosed with scoliosis, it can be a bit scary or at the very least leave you feeling like, “What now?” This course is here to help you answer those questions and a whole lot more.
This course is coming to you in 3 parts:
- Part 1: What Is Scoliosis?
- Part 2: Scoliosis Questions Answered!
- Part 3: Scolio-Pilates Exercises for Your Curve
Let’s get started! Tips for using this course
- Follow the course order. You will see that the course has been broken up into 3 main headings below.
- These classes build upon one another, so if you skip ahead you may feel a little lost.
- Use the worksheet that is included in Part 1 to take notes about your curve.
- Come back to your course as often as you’d like. It’s yours!
- We respectfully ask that you not share this course. We have worked hard to bring this information to you and we would like to continue to be able to support many more people, like you, with scoliosis.
- Practice doesn’t make perfect. 🙂 We aren’t aiming for perfection here. When you get to the exercise portion of the course, take it easy and move through the exercises slowly. Your goal is understanding, not perfection. The understanding of your curve and the changes is a lifetime relationship and process. You’ll notice that doing the exercises today is going to be very different 6 months and again 6 years from now.
- These exercises are meant to be your gateway to doing what you love. There is no such thing as “advanced” Scolio-Pilates. These exercises will feel very isometric at times and therefore don’t necessarily get easier even though your understanding will increase tremendously. Keep at it; and get back to Really Living with Scoliosis!